Even though menstruation is smooth, the cause of difficulty getting pregnant can be a barrier for those of you who have dreams of having children after marriage. Pregnancy itself is associated with a smooth menstrual cycle and fertility.
The menstrual cycle can be smooth if it lasts between 28-36 days, while menstruation generally lasts for 3-7 days. Fertility has an important role both from the side of men and women.
If your menstruation is smooth and there is no problem with fertility, why is it still difficult to get pregnant? For more details, see the following review.
There are several causes of difficulty getting pregnant even though menstruation is smooth, including:
1. Stuck in Time
The cause of difficulty getting pregnant even though the first menstruation is on time is because you are too fixated on time. Not getting pregnant at a certain time does not necessarily mean that you have fertility.
Did you know that 80% of new couples can successfully achieve pregnancy after trying for at least 6 months? While 90% of new couples successfully achieve pregnancy after 12 months of trying.
What is anovulation? It is a term when a woman does not ovulate or the process of releasing a mature egg from the uterus and then into the fallopian tube, which is ready to be fertilized.
Anovulation can cause you not to get pregnant even though your period is smooth because many women don’t realize it and think of it as menstruation.
A normal menstrual cycle will produce the hormone progesterone, which is stimulated by the release of an egg. This hormone functions to make menstruation regular.
However, when anovulation occurs, the production of hormone progesterone does not produce properly, causing heavy bleeding, which is considered menstruation.
3. Clogged Fallopian Tubes
Clogged fallopian tubes cause difficulty conceiving even though you may have a smooth period. When the tube is blocked, it will cause pain in the hips and abdominal pain, similar to when menstruation is in progress. In addition, it can sometimes cause heavy bleeding or spotting during menstruation.
4. Not Understanding the Menstrual Cycle Completely
Every woman has a menstrual cycle, although in general, this cycle is 28 days. Timing during intercourse can be a determinant of pregnancy, especially during the fertile period.
One of the reasons you don’t get pregnant even though you have sex during your fertile period is because you only focus on that period. During the fertile period, it is highly recommended to achieve pregnancy, but having sex before the fertile period also provides an opportunity to get pregnant.
Obesity is considered a cause of difficulty in getting pregnant even though the next menstrual cycle is smooth. Those who experience this problem have a high probability of experiencing anovulation.
So, although your menstruation is on time when you are obese, it can affect fertility.
6. Fertility Disorders in Men
As mentioned above, men can also be why you don’t get pregnant even though your period is smooth. Infertility or fertility problems in men that are commonly experienced are hormonal disorders and abnormalities in the reproductive organs.
Your partner may have some disorders as below.
- In thyroid disorders, men with excess or lack of this hormone can experience problems with fertility.
- Hyperprolactinemia is when the level of the hormone prolactin in the blood increases beyond normal limits.
- A genetic disorder causes the male reproductive organs not to work normally and reduces the hormone testosterone.
- Taking certain drugs, the side effects of the drugs consumed can cause fertility problems, such as corticosteroids, hormone replacement therapy, antipsychotics, and illegal drugs.
- Rarely having sex even though your partner releases sperm inside is one of the reasons why you have difficulty getting pregnant even though your period is smooth. The amount considered is 2-3 times a week to increase the chances of getting pregnant.
So, the cause of your difficulty in getting pregnant even though your period is smooth could come from the disease you are experiencing or the lack of portions of sex associated with your partner.
How to Overcome Difficult Pregnancy
You and your partner should also know that there are several ways to deal with a difficult pregnancy, such as the following.
- Recognizing the fertile period and ovulation
- Regularly have sex at the right time
- Implement a healthy lifestyle
- Maintain ideal body weight
- Not currently in the family planning program
- Take care not to stress too much
Not Using Birth Control but Still Hard to Get Pregnant?
In addition, don’t worry about those not on the family planning program but still having trouble getting pregnant. After stopping birth control, your body needs to readjust because birth control aims to space pregnancies by curbing hormones so that the egg does not ovulate.
So, the conclusion is that not only unhealthy lifestyle, but the frequency of intercourse, religious factors, and family planning can also be obstacles to achieving pregnancy.
Those are some causes of difficulty in getting pregnant even though menstruation is smooth and its solution. You can check with a gynecologist to know what is happening in your body.